AMD Opteron™ 6200 Series Processor is a 16-core x86 processor, delivering a rich mix of performance, scalability and efficiency for today’s highly threaded computing environments.
END USER BENEFITS
Unleash unprecedented performance of highly threaded applications through massive, core density
- A new 16-core architecture for the next generation of scalable business critical applications, featuring an innovative design that drives more core density and greater throughput with up to 160% more cores than the competition.
- The modular design features up to 33% more cores and greater throughput in a smaller silicon footprint than AMD’s current products, bringing high performance throughput for scalable computing environments like virtualization, HPC, web/cloud clusters and database applications.
- Performance features designed for threaded workloads and price/performance across even more workloads.
- Straight-through computing helps ensure that there are no bottlenecks or compromises when the workload grows up to 16 tasks each has their own dedicated core, with maximum memory and I/O speed available on every processor SKU regardless of the price.
Today’s highly threaded applications demand more scalability and the AMD Opteron™ 6000 Series platform delivers the most cores in the industry.
- As user loads increase for web/cloud, database applications or virtualized environments, AMD Opteron™ 6200 Series processors can continue to seamlessly handle growing workloadsand allow balanced scaling up to 16 cores per processor.
- Straight-through computing ensures the memory and I/O architecture supports the power of more cores.
- Break HPC barriers with the ability to scale to higher core counts with fewer nodes.
Bring unparalleled efficiency to your processing, power and financial budgets
- Optimize data center floor space and power requirements with up to 16 cores, dramatically boosting processing efficiency 10 allowing enterprises to do more work with fewer systems.
- Straight-through computing capability gives compute- intensive applications like database, HPC and Java dedicated processing resources.
- New instructions help streamline software development by minimizing code differences between platforms and help more efficiently process applications, especially media encodingand streaming, that utilizes complex SSE codes.
- New Core Architecture - drives more core density and greater throughput.
- AMD Turbo CORE Technology allows processors to independently boost their clock speeds, scaling frequency up 500MHz-1GHz+ automatically to respond to the need for more application performance.
- Flex FP delivers 256-bit floating point processing with more throughput for both 128-bit and 256-bit technical applications.
- AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology 2.0 heightens virtualization efficiency with new enhancements to the AMD-V™ suite of virtualization to optimize data center rack space and help minimize management tasks.