AMD Opteron 6300 series processors is built to deliver the performance you need at the price you want for the most demanding workloads and data centers.
- Low acquisition costs that help reduce overall TCO
- Scalable architecture ideal for cloud deployments
Second generation of AMD's modular core architecture – codenamed "Piledriver"
- Higher performance and higher performance/watt than the previous generation
- Same power bands and power saving features
- Socket compatible
Cache and Core Count
Up to 16 cores within the same package, 1MB of L2 cache per core (with up to 16MB of L2 cache per socket), and shared 16MB of L3 cache per socket.
Higher DDR3 Frequencies
Supports DDR3-1600 for typical memory configurations and DDR3-1866 for slightly loaded memory configurations.
Quad Channel Memory
Four DDR3 memory channels with max memory bandwidth of up to 51.2 GB/s @ DDR3-1600 with RDIMM, LRDIMM, LV RDIMM and UDIMM.
AMD Turbo CORE Technology
Cores can boost performance by up to 300MHz simultaneously when headroom is available.
Provides hardware acceleration for fast and secure data encryption and decryption.
TDP Power Cap
Thermal design power (TDP) can be set in one watt increments using the BIOS or APML to get the most processing power into a single rack.
C6 Power State
Core power gating reduces and increases voltage as needed.
- APML (Advanced Platform Management Link)
Enables monitoring and controlling of system resources via a Remote Power Management Interface (RPMI) and Precision Thermal Monitor(in APML-enabled platforms).
- AMD CoolSpeed Technology
Server automatically drops into lower power mode if processor's temperature exceeds safe operational limits. Platform providers can safely reduce system fan speeds to deliver greater platform efficiency.
Reduces power to memory controller and HyperTransport™ technology links.
- LV-DDR3 Support
Supports DDR3 at 1.25V in addition to 1.35V.
- LR-DIMM Support
Enables extremely dense memory configurations.
Direct Connect Architecture 2.0
- HyperTransport™ Technology Assist (HT Assist)
Helps to increase coherent memory bandwidth and reduces latency in multi-node systems by reducing cache probe traffic between cores.
- HyperTransport™ 3.0 Technology (HT3)
Provides superior system bandwidth between CPUs and I/O, increasing interconnect rate up to a maximum 6.4GT/s with HT3.
AMD-V™ 2.0 Technology
AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) 2.0 Technology
- Tagged TLB - Efficient switching between virtual machines for better application responsiveness
- Rapid Virtualization Indexing - Hardware-based virtual machine memory management
- AMD-V™ Technology Extended Migration - Helps enable live migration of VMs between all available AMD Opteron™ processor generations
- I/O Virtualization - Enables direct device access by a virtual machine for increased integrity and security