The new ASUS RS926-E7/RS8 server is based the latest Intel server platform, using 4-way Xeon Romley-EP 4S processors. Equipped with 32 DIMM slots, eight hot-swap hard drives, 6+1 expansion slots, and 1+1 redundant power supplies, it lays a great foundation for data centers, HPC, and enterprise applications that require outstanding performance, supercomputing capabilities, and high reliability.
ASUS RS926-E7 server lays a great foundation for data centers HPC & enterprise applications that require outstanding performance and high reliability.
- Outstanding computing with Quad CPUs and Dual GPUs: The RS926-E7/RS8 delivers outstanding performance with up to four new Intel Xeon E5-4600 processors, which together offer a max 32 computing cores in a 2U system. The 32 DDR3 DIMM slots support up to 1024GB (RDIMM) memory. Furthermore, support for two double-deck graphics cards provides extreme video processing capabilities.
- High speed interconnection for HPC: To meet the demands of data centers and HPC applications, the RS926-E7/RS8 has a QFSP port at the rear panel to deliver high speed 56Gbps interconnection via the built-in InfiniBand FDR chipset.
- Enhanced reliability, better efficiency, and improved serviceability: Quad Intel Gigabit LAN ports optimize load balance and fault tolerance functions, while hot-swap hard drive trays enable easy maintenance and upgrades. In addition, the 1+1 redundant 1620W 80 PLUS Platinum power supplies provide up to 94% power efficiency, by that combining easy maintenance with significant cost savings, making the server both power-saving and easy to maintain.
- Exclusive ASUS PIKE upgrade kit: To improve storage capacity, the RS926-E7/RS8 supports SATA and SAS hard drives to offer users integrated RAID Solution – PIKE for better data protection. The optional ASUS PIKE SAS2 6G upgrade kit provides a cost-effective storage interface upgrade, for more flexible storage options.
- Quad LAN with Gigabit high performance: The quad LAN teaming ports provide high networking bandwidth with load balance and fault tolerance functions, which reduce data processing bottlenecks in virtualization environments by enhancing virtualized traffic.
- Integrated server remote management: With the web GUI-based ASMB6-iKVM module, users can fully control the server with out-of-band management using the IPMI 2.0 standard, achieving 24/7 real time remote monitoring. Meanwhile, ASWM Enterprise software provides one-to-multiple centralized management, including BIOS flash, remote control, power control, and asset supervision, all through a user-friendly interface.