Engineering Base 2019 R2 is a versatile data model creates unique continuity, parallelism of editing and consistency for all core disciplines from FEED to process and detail engineering, plus retrofitting and maintenance. Conventional tool chains, in contrast, are not getting any shorter because of interfaces and synchronization platforms.
The corresponding data model in Engineering Base also marks the highest level of digitization. The model allows direct editing of all individual data. This makes them even more up-to-date and thus enhances their value - in the spirit of Industry 4.0.
- Basic Engineering: The versatile data model creates seamless continuity in plant design: it starts with the first overview flow diagram. The FEED function imports the results from simulations of Aspen and similar tools. Immediately PFDs and worksheets apply the results of the calculations. From the rough flow chart to the material balance, Engineering Base then automatically displays all the consequences of each desired scenario - each in a separate document.
- Process Engineering: In the process design, numerous user-friendly functions facilitate the development of the P&ID, for example through modular design. Lists and reports are created automatically. Added to this are pipe-class-related workflow and rule-based design. If FEED was used in basic engineering, the process design must "only" supplement its specifications in the scenario that was selected and commissioned.
- Detail Engineering: Instrumentation, circuit diagram creation, wiring, terminal assignment, cabinet design, I/O specifications, in short: the entire infrastructure of everything that makes a plant functional has been a core competence of AUCOTEC for over 30 years. In addition, the control system configuration is considerably accelerated: with automated transfer of the engineering data to the programming of every common control system, even in parallel to different systems.
- Cause & Effect: Before commissioning, a plant will be put through its paces with Cause & Effect documents. This phase benefits once again especially from the uniform data model. Engineering Base draws all necessary logic specifications from each individual discipline and automatically creates the report matrix. This ensures unprecedented consistency and saves both important engineering capacity and a lot of time.
- Plant Operation: With the support of plant operation, the platform rounds off its continuity principle. On the one hand it offers web-based maintenance functions with more mobility and quality, on the other hand a special management of execution measures for larger conversion and expansion projects. This ensures the orderly and exceptionally consistent return of the new data into the updated as-built project.