Used by millions of people globally, AutoCAD® software is a design and documentation solution. Offering robust 3D free-form design tools and powerful drafting and documentation capabilities, AutoCAD drives design innovation for companies of all sizes in almost all industries. With new and updated tools for 3D conceptual design, model documentation, and reality capture, AutoCAD 2012 helps design professionals maximize productivity. AutoCAD gives you the flexibility you need to explore design ideas in both 2D and 3D. A powerful set of intuitive tools helps you visualize and shape your ideas, bringing innovative concepts to life.
- Autodesk® Inventor® Fusion—An easy-to-use tool for direct modeling, helping you flexibly edit and validate models from almost any source.
- 3D Free-Form Design—Use robust surface, mesh, and solid modeling tools in AutoCAD software to investigate and refine your ideas.
- Point Cloud Support—Bring your 3D scans to life, streamlining time-consuming renovation and restoration projects.
- Powerful Visualization Tools—Add impact to your designs.
- 3D Navigation Tools—Quickly and intuitively walk or fly through a model.
Design and shape the world around you with AutoCAD® software, one of the CAD programs. Explore ideas more intuitively in 3D, speed documentation, share ideas seamlessly, and customize AutoCAD for your specific needs. AutoCAD offers a broad toolset that helps you drive efficiencies throughout the drafting and documentation process, no matter what industry you are in.
- Model Documentation—automatically generate intelligent documentation for AutoCAD, Autodesk® Inventor® software, and other models. You can import and document designs from a wide variety of software applications including SolidWorks®, Pro/ENGINEER®, CATIA® ,Rhinoceros®, and NX®.
- Parametric Drawing—Define relationships between objects, minimizing the time needed to edit or rework drawings.
- Associative Array—Easily create arrayed objects, like windows on a building or trusses on a ridge. Plus, you can now array objects in 3D or along a specified path.
- Sheet Sets—Organize and manage your drawing sheets efficiently.
- Dynamic Blocks—Save time when using standard, repetitive components.
- Multifunction Grips—Maximize productivity with context-aware, object-specific menus.