AVEVA Diagrams is a data-driven design system for P&IDs, HVAC schematics and similar diagrams, using the same project environment as AVEVA Everything 3D™ (AVEVA E3D™), AVEVA Outfitting™ and AVEVA’s engineering products. It delivers better integration capabilities, including shared administration, report generation and data management.
- Reduce Rework in Design, Construction and Commissioning
Unlike with 'dumb' 2D CAD layout tools, when AVEVA Diagrams users are drafting P&IDs and other schematics, the application is actually populating a database with the objects entered into the drawing (equipment, lines, valves and fittings, instruments and more), creating an 'intelligent' drawing and environment. Each of these objects - and the data associated with them - is shared with the multi-discipline engineering teams, ensuring consistency between schematics, engineering and 3D to ultimately reduce rework in design, construction and commissioning.
- Create intelligent drawings with a wealth of useful information into a database.
- Schematics data is managed together with the 3D and engineering data in the same project environment, improving collaboration and ensuring consistency.
- Users of AVEVA Diagrams can easily access reference data from other applications and vice versa.
- Efficient drafting of PFDs, P&IDs and other schematics by intelligent copy & paste.
- Rule-based mechanisms & auto-formatting rules allows better control of data consistency and completeness
- Simplified global work sharing
- Changes between two revisions of the diagram or the diagram data can be easily viewed, both graphically and in the grid view, with the powerful change-highlighting capability. Additionally, any changes made by engineers and designers from other disciplines on the project can be easily accepted through the Compare & Update functionality