AVEVA Engineering enables multi-disciplinary teams of engineers to jointly develop the definition of all the key engineering items (such as lines, equipment and valves) and their key attributes.
Its highly configurable data model allows it to meet a wide range of project, customer and industry requirements, and to manage virtually any scope of project engineering data. Each discipline retains full control of its information relating to any item.
A wide variety of fully formatted reports can be generated automatically, such as master tag registers, line lists, equipment lists or valve lists, and any kind of ad-hoc or departmental report
AVEVA Engineering enables multi-disciplinary engineering teams to work together in an effective manner as they jointly develop the definition of all the key engineering items involved in plant or marine projects.
A Database Application
- Proven, scalable, multi-user technology with sophisticated access controls.
- Provides a concurrent, multi-discipline working environment for engineering teams on both plant and marine projects.
- Puts each engineering discipline in full control of its own data, while allowing other users to view the complete data.
- Each discipline can maintain issued and working versions of its data.
Assured Data Quality
- Automatic change recording and highlighting
- Users may selectively view change information and can highlight additions, deletions or modifications.
- In-built status control gives engineers better visibility of information quality
- A wide range of inconsistencies can be detected in the engineering data itself and across the engineering, 3D, schematic, instrumentation and electrical datasets.
Compare and Update Utilities
- Compare parts of the Engineering data against data created in other AVEVA products or in external systems.
- Apply updates selectively as, where and if required. This makes the alignment with updated data from other engineering departments easier and faster.
- Version-controlled datasheets can be created from predefined project templates, and can be used for data input and editing while working on the deliverable document.
- Data changed through list views is reflected in the datasheet views and vice versa, enabling users to choose their preferred input methods.
- Datasheet version control is provided through customer-defined revision schemas.
- ‘Round-tripping’ information to external agencies, such as equipment suppliers, is supported reliably through Excel import/export functions.
- Change highlighting is applied to re-imported data also, enabling any changes to be accepted or rejected before updating the database.
Highly configurable and easy to use
- All aspects of the product, including the data model, engineering discipline boundaries and access rights, are highly configurable.
- A Microsoft® Office Fluent™– based user interface and familiar spreadsheet functionality makes the product quick to learn and easy to use.
Project Breakdown Structure
- Configurable, customer-defined Project Breakdown Structures (PBS) can be defined to suit project and company standards.
- The PBS mechanism offers a very flexible way to navigate and access the project data, according to each user’s role.
- Because AVEVA Engineering stores data in the same project environment as the 3D and schematic data, a PBS can be defined that includes objects from all domains.