AVEVA P&ID can be used as a stand-alone application or as a fully integrated key part of the AVEVA suite of products. It is quick to set up, easy to use and highly productive. It supports different engineering standards, individual company working methods and complex projects.
- Standard AutoCAD® user interface and concepts As an extension to familiar AutoCAD® features, P&ID enables new and experienced AutoCAD® personnel to quickly become efficient and effective. This product also supports the Microsoft® Office Fluent™ user interface menu system, capitalising on this common standard interface. P&ID is compliant with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of AutoCAD. Highly productive P&ID offers a toolkit to enable the upgrade of non-intelligent AutoCAD® drawings. By adding intelligence to dumb AutoCAD® drawings, users are able to import them into the P&ID system without the need to redraft. Features such as ‘Typicals’ allow repeated parts of the design to be drawn once, but referenced many times. Instrument ‘Patterns’ are a simplified way of displaying instrumentation items, and copy-and-paste capabilities allow intelligent sections of drawings from previous or referenced projects to be rapidly reused on new projects. Database integration P&ID integrates with AVEVA Engineering, AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical. Using AVEVA’s powerful Compare and Update methods, common in all AVEVA products, data is published and retrieved to AVEVA Engineering.
- Users can also export all of the intelligent data, such as lines, instruments, motors and valves, directly from AVEVA P&ID to AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical, and data from the instrumentation and electrical systems can be viewed on the P&ID drawing. It is also possible to access the AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical application datasheets from the P&ID in read-only mode, allowing for detailed review of the full specifications of an item.
- AVEVA P&ID design data can be saved directly to AVEVA PDMS, making it readily available to 3D designers. P&ID data can be compared in AVEVA Schematic 3D Integrator against the Plant or Marine 3D model allowing users to create and modify 3D components from the P&IDs. The Schematic Model Viewer provides a navigable presentation of the schematic model database, allowing the user to navigate to any object in the project topology.
- AVEVA P&ID includes a database grid that is used to insert unassigned elements such as instruments and electrical equipment from AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical, unassigned page connectors, or any other unassigned items which are included in the P&ID database but which have not been inserted in the drawing. Attribute values can also be inserted and maintained from the grid.
- Overall, this integration provides a logically connected model that can be used with downstream engineering applications. Effective stand-alone application P&ID is an efficient and productive stand-alone application, ideal for remote working or for project subcontractors. P&IDs created or modified in stand-alone mode (offline) can be checked back in and synchronised with the project P&ID set.