AVEVA PDMS 3D design software delivers maximum productivity and capability on all types of plant project, from the smallest upgrade to new build projects of unlimited size and complexity.
PDMS users range from small engineering contractors to many of the largest multinational process and power companies.
Its business benefits are described below:
High Project Quality
- Rule-based functions and powerful checking tools eliminate design errors.
- Accurate materials information eliminates delays on site.
- A single project database ensures consistency between 3D design, 2D drawings, reports and deliverables.
High Project Efficiency
- Powerful design applications maximise productivity in each discipline.
- Sharing and re-using design data reduces man-hours and schedule time.
- Rule-based automation enables rapid, right first time design.
Reduced Schedule Times
- Highly concurrent working combined with high productivity, error-free design and minimum site work enable the most rapid project execution.
- Late-emerging design changes may be handled quickly and efficiently, protecting the project schedule.
Use of Globally Dispersed Design Teams
- Combined with AVEVA Global, PDMS enables complex multi-site collaborative projects to be executed by a virtual design office.
- Small businesses can participate fully in complex global projects.
- Projects can use engineering resources wherever they are available.
Powerful Change Management
- Automatic change highlighting and tracking makes it easier to identify, manage and communicate design changes across the project at any time.
- In Integrated Mode, Compare & Update functions enable changes to be implemented between 3D, P&IDs and engineering data.
Large Resource Pool
- Skilled PDMS users are available around the world.
- Trainees find PDMS easy to learn and quick to master.
PDMS includes comprehensive functions for all aspects of 3D plant design. The following are few of its many features:
- A fully interactive, colour shaded 3D plant design environment.
- Hundreds of designers can work concurrently on a project, in a fully controlled manner, with visibility of the entire design at all times.
- Designers progressively create a highly intelligent 3D design by selecting and positioning parametric components from an extensive catalogue.
- Clash checking and configurable integrity checking rules help a designer create ‘right first time’ design and enable effective overall design quality assurance.
- A configurable Status Management function provides visual highlighting and clear reporting of design maturity status of PDMS objects.
- Highly configurable, automatic generation of a wide range of reports and drawings direct from the PDMS database.
- AVEVA PDMS is highly configurable and includes both a powerful programmable macro language (PML) and a .NET API to customise the system and automate key tasks.
- PDMS integrates with all other AVEVA Plant™ applications and interface products to form a complete and configurable 3D plant design solution for the power and process industries.