The CACI Forecaster is an advanced forecasting tool that can be used to quickly produce accurate data-driven forecasts backed up by a scientific and transparent approach. Focusing on ease of use backed up by a rigorous analytical approach, CACI Forecaster can be used in a variety of commercial settings.
The CACI Forecaster provides a standard platform and approach for all forecasts and team members, helping to make the forecasting process more robust, transparent, and reliable. CACI Forecaster has the ability to quickly evaluate and include any additional business drivers, providing both improved accuracy, and increased understanding of the factors affecting your business. Data importation, pre-processing, and exportation can all be automated, reducing the need for manual data processing. This automation also helps to guarantee data integrity and accuracy, allowing your business to plan more effectively.
- Direct savings from improved forecast accuracy: Users have seen a substantial reduction in forecasting error by using the CACI Forecaster which in turn can lead to cost-savings within the business. Some of the clients have been able to improve their daily accuracy by up to 30%.
- Frees up additional time to investigate and improve forecasts: CACI Forecaster’s ease and speed to produce forecasts frees up time for an analyst to investigate ways to improve the forecasting model - for instance trying out different drivers in the model, such as the impact of bank holidays or marketing activity.
- Up-skill your forecasting team through CACI’s Forecaster training course: Your team will be trained not only in how to use the CACI Forecaster, but will also gain valuable insight into new and powerful forecasting techniques.
- Standard platform removes any single person dependency: The Forecaster has the flexibility to be used by more advanced team members to perform in depth analysis and modelling, but is also easy enough to use that all team members are able to confidently understand and update the forecasts.
- Rapid forecasting in an easy to use software application: Building and generating forecasts is straightforward and fast, through a clear and easy to use interface.
- Wide array of quality forecasting algorithms (including Neural Networks and ARIMA): CACI Forecaster uses the forecasting algorithms available, developed by NAG, which offer superior accuracy, robustness and reliability. In addition, any additional or bespoke algorithms can be included by using plug-in technology.
- Automatic modelling of complex seasonality: Date-specific drivers, such as bank holidays and harmonics, can be generated automatically in order to model daily, weekly, monthly and annual seasonality simultaneously. In addition, using our new decomposition functionality, your target variable can be split into seasonal and trend-cycle components, forecasted separately and then combined to produce a more powerful forecast.
- Ability to automatically identify and include business drivers: Using techniques such as Stepwise Regression and Decision Trees, key drivers (such as marketing activity and weather) can be automatically chosen from a range of inputs and included in the forecasting model, allowing improved accuracy.
- Highly transparent forecasting process: CACI Forecaster provides valuable information on the model used to provide the forecast, such as the model formula and an analysis on which drivers have the largest impact on the forecast.
- Automatic data import and export: Importation and exportation scripts can be created, in order to automatically import data into CACI Forecaster and export forecasts into other in-house systems where required.