crossbase.data is the data module for portals, marketplaces and e-shops. Your eBusiness experts can individually configure electronic catalogs for trading partners. Product data is standardized with order and price information and provided in classified form.
ERP link maximizes marketing potential of your resources. Provide electronic catalogs and classifications in a format that suits trading partners and portals.
The easy route to SAP, Axapta, Navision, proALPHA and more
The ERP system and to some extent the PDM and CAD systems already contain a lot of product information. crossbase is an open system and has a standard interface for importing data from these upstream systems. This prevents information from having to be entered afresh and updated continuously:
- crossbase has experience of linking to a number of ERP systems, such as SAP, Axapta, Navision and proALPHA.
- The item master data can be automatically imported into the product database at fixed times. The XML format is recommended for the exchange of data, but CSV can also be used.
- The ERP system mainly serves as a source of item numbers, item master fields, basic texts, product hierarchies, catalog ranges and prices, but also in some cases technical product features and product relationships (including parts lists and spare parts).
- Excel files can also be imported manually, for instance for initial data import or for product and price data from international subsidiaries.
The easy way to connect with your business partners
With crossbase.data, team members in sales, IT or marketing can create electronic catalogs in just a few steps.
- If you want to use a standard classification such as eCl@ss, ETIM, UNSPSC or proficl@ss, you first need to perform classification mapping with crossbase.pro (more...) and define the field contents for your chosen format, e.g. BMEcat or nexMart.
- To generate an electronic catalog, you must define which products you want to include (the catalog range) and the price list and language you want to use. If you want the catalog to be automatically generated at defined intervals, you can store these settings in an export configuration and initiate catalog production periodically.
- The system will generate an XML file and a folder containing the media files. The XML file can be archived if required.