crossbase.pim is the product information management module with item-specific access. It allows product managers to intuitively maintain relevant product information as appropriate to the individual user and task.
crossbase.pim is the item-specific access for the management of product information. Product managers can be user-and task-driven care for the relevant information about the products intuitive.
The workflow-oriented and item-specific access to data maintenance
Product managers who only occasionally work with the system can use crossbase.pim to perform specific maintenance work. This software module therefore focuses on being clear and intuitively easy to use. A half-day training course is all that is needed to master all functions.
Via the integrated workflow module, users are given the assistance they need for their particular role or task:
- Completeness check: The administrator defines mandatory fields which are required for product data maintenance. These apply firstly to defined content (image categories, text types, product features) and secondly to defined locations (item, item group etc.). The completeness check evaluates these details and clearly depicts the result. The user is taken straight to the corresponding processing dialog with a double-click. Missing translations can also be quickly added.
- To-do list: Defined events trigger messages to users, e.g.: When a new item is transferred from the ERP, the marketing team member is sent a message. This person decides whether the item is relevant to advertising and issues a corresponding product status. The product manager and graphic designer are then asked to maintain the data. As soon as the "Item released" product status appears, the catalog manager has the opportunity to include it in the catalog range. Finally, depending on the country-specific catalog range, translators are notified.
Alongside the workflow-oriented approach, crossbase.pim provides item-specific access to systematically deal with all tasks in product data maintenance.
- Product search: The products can be searched for and selected using navigation trees shown or full-text searches.
- Control bar: Users can use the graphic control bar with its history function to navigate to the next products up or down by simply clicking on them.
- Product features: Attributes are grouped in an easy-to-understand way in the class tree. Here, mandatory fields are specially marked and rights can be assigned to fields. The system indicates visually which features have been inherited. One specific feature is the product comparison; the software shows which features are identical, which are missing (red) and which are different (yellow).
- Media and text elements: Images, documents, and texts can be linked or edited. A search can be performed based on different criteria.
- Product relationships and product views: Links such as the relationship "is a spare part of" or "has spare part" or the view "has eCl@ss classification" can be both displayed and maintained.
- Catalog ranges: Products can be assigned to and removed from different catalog ranges.