crossbase.text is the program-based text production module. On the basis of freely definable templates and components, editors can create structured texts in all language variants.
Manage and reuse media-neutral texts with crossbase.text.
Automatic text compilation from text modules and features
Highly structured texts are often used alongside more creative advertising copy. Examples of structured texts include invitation to tender, product descriptions and full item names. These texts are reused for many similar products and can therefore be produced using a template.
The text template describes how the text is put together structurally and how it is formatted.
- Target group-specific texts: The XSLT syntax can be used to specifically map complex connections for automated text generation, e.g. of target group-specific texts by inserting, not inserting or inserting in a different form defined text depending on content.
- Language- and country-specific adaptations: The text templates can also be configured for specific languages. The template text is saved in a generally-valid manner as standard. But a text template can also be produced for each language. For example, if a product must not be used without restrictions in a particular language area, texts affected by this can be excluded during generation. Language- and country-specific features can thereby be taken into account even with a high degree of automation.
- Dynamic length check with shortening of text: Users can define how each placeholder in the template is to be changed if the text produced is too long. The options are to make no changes, to remove the placeholder or to replace the text with a placeholder. By specifying a priority, these mechanisms can be undertaken one after another during text generation until the text no longer exceeds the defined length.
- Having texts with a similar structure ensures consistent wording and communication.
- Since changes in text modules have a global impact, this ensures less maintenance work while keeping all elements up-to-date.
- Translation costs are minimized because translations are maintained centrally and reused.