Crusoe separates the web browser from the internal workstation by virtualization and remote display, providing the most secured web browsing solution with minimal impact on user experience.
Crusoe Security is a secured browsing product & architecture designed from the ground up for Citrix Systems. Marketed and integrated into the organizations with high security standards and continues to evolve at a rapid pace.
The back-end environments supported today are Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, formerly XenApp and XenDesktop, MS Remote Desktop Services (both VDI and RDS) with Linux support coming in the future. The product is client-less and requires nothing to be installed on the workstations using only proxy configuration or PAC file in more complex environments.
Crusoe Security is designed to provide a complete isolated secure browsing solution. It includes user management, file download/upload management that is easily integrated to existing enterprise solutions such as web filtering for example WebSense, BlueCoat, etc…, SIEM/SOC, file threat mitigation such as FireEye, Votiro, OPSWAT, etc…, and with a relatively easy acceptance factor from users, same application support as a regular browser and great scalability.
Crusoe Security Approach
- Help organizations deploy advance security based on session isolation.
- Connecting users to the Internet through an isolated environment with Terminal Server or Virtual Workstations (VDI) and completely prevents external code to run on the user's browser, leveraging existing investment in VDI/RDS infrastructure.
- Isolating his/her station from the Internet while using the session’s "screen updates, mouse movements and keystrokes only”.
- Installing Crusoe Security on top of Citrix does not require any installation on the workstation using only proxy configuration.
- Integrates with Active Directory Services
- Integrates with Enterprise Web Filtering and Whitelisting existing solutions
- Provide seamless user experience
- Improve operation and security manageability and overheads
- Simple and quick deployment across organization - no infrastructure change, no client installation
- Cost effectiveness!
- Proven solution in large scale deployments
This architecture is the most secure solution for providing Internet services to an employee apart from the use of separate stations and provides an answer to the separation of the networks in accordance with Article 357 of the Banking Sector and Regulation 257 of the Insurance Commissioner. Crusoe Security improves User Experience, Security Level, Aspects of Infrastructure Management and Server Performance.
Crusoe Security - an advanced solution for secure internet use. Crusoe Security is an Internet browser isolation solution for enterprises. The product is designed as a secure "Browser Broker" which seamlessly integrates internal workstations to a remote browser running on a hardened isolated remoting environment in the DMZ.
The back-end environments supported today are Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, with Linux support coming in the future. The product is client-less and require nothing to be installed on the workstations using only proxy configuration.
Crusoe Security leverages your investment in Citrix, achieve highest security level, provide good user experience and reduce overhead and management costs.
Crusoe Security Key Features
- Complete support for Citrix Virtualization Products such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and Citrix ADC, formerly NetScaler, etc.
- Works with Citrix HDX © protocol for a complete User Experience while utilizing best performance and optimally using the available bandwidth.
- Seamless transition to the secure browser
- Automatic Link Detection (Internal/External), opening the inner browser when you type an internal site and an external browser when you type an external web address.
- Automated “Trust-Less” user management
- Supports links from any software such as eMail, Office, etc., Favorites and free keystroke writing in the web browser page.
- Transparent Authentication Mechanism (SSO) from end-to-end between the External Domain to the Internal Domain.
- Smart maintaining of the data environment and user preferences by browsing mechanism Rules
- Supports non-browser applications, ability to “Publish "applications in addition to a browser in the secure browsing environment.
- Support for HTTPS
- Use of Anonymous Users and a Tokenization mechanism across the solution
- Managed Flash Blocker On-Demand (Click-to-activate).
- Quick Launch of the Browser
- Management and Exchange of Passwords automatically
- Secured file transfer (Download / Upload)
- Connecting to Whitening & DLP systems for processes of downloading and uploading files.
- Connection to SIEM / SOC systems for monitoring and control
- Rules and Connection Management System by an Advanced Policy Based Mechanism
- Improvements to the browser for rapid browsing experience.
- Create and manage users outside the Domain automatically by system policy
- Agent-Less Architecture
- Support for PAC file management systems by policy
- Seamless integration to existing mitigation & web filtering with minimal user / admin impact
- Synchronization of management groups and filtering of existing internal domain content automatically and transparently
- Full redundancy of all system components
- Supported Platforms: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012 RDS and 2016 RDS. Scalable and Agent-Less
- Architecture, proven to support tens of thousands of users.
- And More...
Important to mention - the system goes penetration testing and frequently independent risk management and meets the most stringent in terms of data security.
Already available now and also running in production at largest Enterprise customers.