Maximize server-based storage flexibility and performance with the PowerEdge R730xd, part of the new 13th generation of PowerEdge servers. The R730xd offers an optimal balance of storage utilization, performance and cost with an optional in-server hybrid storage configuration that can support tiering and capacity for up to 28 drives in a 2S/2U system, including up to 18 x 4.5cm(1.8) SATA SSDs.
New flash-capable configurations mean fast data access for faster applications performance. Configurations include 4.5cm(1.8) SATA SSDs, 12Gb SAS SSDs and ultra-high-performance NVMe Express Flash PCIe drives that enable optional Dell Fluid Cache application-acceleration technology.
The PowerEdge R730xd with improved networking throughput and the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family delivers the performance necessary for your SharePoint, Lync, Exchange and consolidated collaboration environments.
The latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family, with up to 18 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads necessary to support diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage.
Flash storage anywhere, or everywhere
- Enhance database performance by using flash drives to cache "hot" data, while simultaneously having up to 48TB2 of server-based storage with NL-SAS/SATA HDDs.
- Increase concurrent usage and system response for OLTP applications by combining NVMe drives and Dell caching solutions.
- Provide efficient, high-performance scale-out storage for IT-as-a-service (XaaS) providers, Big Data (Hadoop) users and co-location hosting by combining traditional hard drives and solid-state flash drives to ensure data is where its needed, when its needed.
Unified communications and collaboration
- Enable more, bigger and lower-cost mailboxes with 33 percent greater storage drive capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response times with up to 15 percent greater memory bandwidth than earlier generations and help increase IO performance with the customizable throughput of Dell Select Network Adapters.
- Enhance overall Exchange performance with 12Gb PERC9 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and throughput over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync performance and responsiveness in virtual environments by directly mapping more VMs to the increased number of physical processor cores.
- DDR4 RAM that supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, and OpenStack Ceph