The eG Enterprise SCOM Management Pack for Citrix expands the monitoring capacity of System Center Operations Manager to deliver a single, integrated application performance management platform that supports Citrix and both Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications spanning virtual, cloud and physical infrastructures. IT administrators can proactively monitor, cross-correlate, and auto-detect issues that impact the user experience in heterogeneous virtualized, cloud and physical infrastructures.
- Integrated end-to-end Monitoring of Citrix environments and their supporting IT infastructures: The combined eG Enterprise System Center Operations Manager solution leverages the best of breed capabilities from System Center Operations Manager for Microsoft infrastructure monitoring with eG Enterprise’s broad and deep coverage of non-Microsoft technologies including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, formerly XenApp and XenDesktop.
- Makes System Center Operations Manager “virtualization-aware”: The integration extends eG Enterprise virtualization monitoring expertise to System Center Operations Manager, enabling administrators to proactively detect performance issues in heterogeneous virtualized platforms and promptly resolve them.
- Centralized monitoring, alerting and reporting from System Center Operations Manager: The System Center Operations Manager console becomes the one-stop-shop for performance information collected from across the Citrix infrastructure. The combined solution leverages eG Enterprise’s automatic root-cause diagnosis capability to generate accurate root-cause alerts in the System Center Operations Manager console.
- Troubleshooting made easy: The eG Innovations performance monitoring console can be launched from the System Center Operations Manager console on-demand, allowing administrators instant access to the detailed diagnostics provided by eG Enterprise and easing troubleshooting pains.
The eG Enterprise SCOM Management Pack for Citrix enables IT administrators to:
- See their eG Enterprise managed Citrix applications, servers and virtualization platforms in the SCOM console, so administrators do not need to install multiple plugins or login to multiple consoles for managing heterogeneous infrastructure tiers;
- Monitor Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, and other key infrastructure components from the Microsoft System Center Console;
- See eG Enterprise alerts and SCOM alerts together in the SCOM console, so the SCOM console becomes the central event management console for the enterprise;
- View the real-time state of eG managed Citrix applications, devices, and virtualization platforms in the SCOM console, so they can easily see which tier of the infrastructure is impacted; - Drill down and see the exact layers and measures that are reporting problems in SCOM’s diagram view and health explorer view, so administrators can clearly demarcate where the problem lies and who needs to fix the problem;
- Launch the eG Enterprise console in context with one click, so they can access detailed diagnosis in the SCOM console. Faster diagnosis results in improved service uptime, better user experience, and reduced problem firefighting time; - View eG knowledge base information directly from the SCOM console and thereby see what action needs to be taken to resolve a problem.
Email sales@eginnovations for more information or to purchase the eG Enterprise SCOM Management Pack for Citrix.