Traditional approaches to monitoring application performance and security on Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp involve installing and maintaining burdensome agents on servers and client devices. Its approach hinders the scalability of the desktop virtualization deployment and also complicates efforts to enable bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies.
Citrix and ExtraHop have partnered to offer a completely new approach to monitoring performance on XenDesktop and XenApp that is completely passive and requires no agents on servers or client devices. Its system is verified to work with XenDesktop and XenApp, analyzing application transactions in real time and extracting valuable health and performance metrics that can be segmented by user, session, and client type. Its agentless, network-based approach scales seamlessly to support the largest enterprise desktop virtualization deployments and equips IT teams with comprehensive, end-to-end visibility into the real-time performance of virtualized desktops and applications.
The ExtraHop system empowers IT teams responsible for Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp to proactively manage application performance with real-time analysis for all transactions. The solution provides immediate value out-of-the-box with zero configuration and nothing to install on servers or desktops.
ExtraHop Networks is a provider of passive, network-based wire data analytics solutions.
The ExtraHop system provides comprehensive visibility through in-depth, real-time transaction analysis. Verified as Citrix Ready for both XenDesktop and XenApp, its system is a completely passive network appliance that deploys in 15 minutes and requires no agents on servers or desktops.
Monitor End-User Behavior in Real Time
The ExtraHop system analyzes every transaction for Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp, providing IT teams with deep visibility into real-time user experience so they can quickly solve issues such as slow logins and load times.
- Receive early-warning alerts for anomalous behavior
- Segment metrics by user, session, and client type (such as Mac, Windows, iOS, and Andriod)
- Detect bandwidth-heavy activity, including audio and video
- Monitor client drive mapping, printing, and clipboard activity
Monitor the Virtualization Infrastructure
Because the ExtraHop system analyzes all transactions passing over the network, it gives IT teams a holistic view of their desktop virtualization and application virtualization deployments, including the SAN and directory services.
- Identify the root cause of performance issues wherever they occur
- Intelligently tune performance and plan capacity
- Track the number of concurrent desktop virtualization sessions and application usage
- Monitor the performance of the Citrix infrastructure, including the licensing console, configuration database, and remote storage
Deploy in Minutes with Zero Overhead
Using a completely passive, network-based deployment, the ExtraHop system provides immediate value out-of-the-box.
- Automatically discover and classify devices present on the network, including virtual machines and clients, with no configuration required
- Easily scale to handle large desktop virtualization deployments with no agents to install and manage
Try ExtraHop for free by downloading the ExtraHop Discovery Edition, a virtual appliance that performs real-time insight into your wire data, including Citrix ICA analysis.