The FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY BX2560 M2 is a dual-socket server blade that addresses a broad set of workloads, from IT and web infrastructures up to high-performance computing applications. It harnesses the power of the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 2048 GB of RAM (using 128 GB DIMMs), two hot plug disk drives and two slots for additional mezzanine cards.
Scalability and performance
- Support of up to two processors, 44 cores with up 88 threads, up to 55 MB Last-level Cache (LLC) that maximizes the concurrent execution of multi-threaded applications.
- Up to 2400 MHz memory speeds in a dual RDIMM configuration to help maximize system performance.
- Support for high-performance PCIe 3.0 solid-state drives (SSDs) that help significantly improve I/O performance.
- Up to 16 virtual I/O ports with embedded 2x 10 Gbit/s LoM that offers the choice of Ethernet, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity.
Usability and serviceability
- SD-Card connected to iRMC to support e.g. backup and restore functions or embedded lifecycle management (eLCM).
- Optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for safer storage of keys.
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts.
- Status LED's with illuminated icons and Customer Self Service (CSS) concept that enables to identify and replace affected component in case of error scenarios.
- Automatic Server Reconfiguration and Restart (ASR&R) restarts the system in the event of an error and automatically "hides" the defective system components.
- Prefailure Detection and Analyzing (PDA) technology analyzes and monitors all components that are critical for system reliability.
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family built on latest 14nm process technology offers significantly better performance over the previous CPU generation.
- Fujitsu’s enhanced power management features provide a range of possibilities that enable the energy consumption of the blade chassis and the individual server blades to be dynamically monitored and influenced
- Low-voltage 1.2 V DDR4 memory DIMMs use up to 20% less energy compared to 1.35 V DDR3 DIMMs.