The PRIMERGY BX2580 M2 delivers improved performance for data centers and remote sites. The server blade is based on the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, offers up to 1536 GB of memory using 128GB DIMMs and up to two disk drives which makes it ideal for a broad spectrum of workloads.
- The PRIMERGY BX2580 M2 offers enhanced features that boost performance, improve scalability while reducing costs.
- Ready for the future and data growth scenarios with the performance of two processors - marking the standard of tomorrow with an increase in computing power of about 20% compared to the previous generation.
- DDR4 memory enables for higher bandwidth and lower consumption, optimized for data center tasks, enterprise applications but also collaboration & messaging solutions.
- The PRIMERGY BX2580 M2 enhances usability and serviceability to increase system up-time.
- The comprehensive tools of the Fujitsu ServerView Suite eases the administrators life.
- Lifecycle investment protection: Updates are very important in a fast-paced world, especially considering cyber crime.
- The PRIMERGY BX2580 M2 increases the efficiency to be able to save energy and reduce operational costs.
Scalability and performance
- Support of up to two processors, 44 cores with up 88 threads, up to 55 MB Last-level Cache (LLC) that maximizes the concurrent execution of multi-threaded applications.
- Up to 2400 MHz memory speeds in a dual RDIMM configuration to help maximize system performance.
- Up to 1.5 TB of memory capacity with 64 GB load-reduced DIMMs, or LRDIMMs.
- Up to 16 virtual I/O ports with embedded 2x 10 Gbit/s LoM that offers the choice of Ethernet, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity.
Usability and serviceability
- SD-Card connected to iRMC to support e.g. backup and restore functions or embedded lifecycle management (eLCM).
- Optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for safer storage of keys.
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts.
- Status LED's with illuminated icons and Customer Self Service (CSS) concept that enables to identify and replace affected component in case of error scenarios.
- Automatic Server Reconfiguration and Restart (ASR&R) restarts the system in the event of an error and automatically "hides" the defective system components.
- Prefailure Detection and Analyzing (PDA) technology analyzes and monitors all components that are critical for system reliability.
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family built on latest 14nm process technology offers significantly better performance over the previous CPU generation.
- Fujitsu’s enhanced power management features provide a range of possibilities that enable the energy consumption of the blade chassis and the individual server blades to be dynamically monitored and influenced.
- Low-voltage 1.2 V DDR4 memory DIMMs use up to 20% less energy compared to 1.35 V DDR3 DIMMs.