Advanced processor technology brings top performance two Intel Xeon Processor 5500 or 5600 series dual-core, quad-core or six-core processor, Turbo Boost Technology, demand-based switching technology, fast channel interconnect (QPI) technology, and equipped with a memory management unit. Intel Fast channel memory controller architecture to ensure BX920 S2 servers processors, between processors and between processors and memory and I / O hub to have a rate of up to 25 GB / s high-speed bandwidth.
Integrated management through integrated Remote Management Controller (iRMC S2) management, and access to a wide range of server controls, including remote servers. Integrated anti-fault detection and analysis capabilities to ensure in all circumstances be able to achieve reliable operation.
- Two Dual-Core, Quad-Core or Six-Core CPUs with Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 or 5600 series with Turbo Boost technology, Demand Based Switching, QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) and internal Memory Management Unit. The Intel® QuickPath architecture memory controllers provide the BX920 S2 with a high-speed bandwidth of up to 25 Gigabytes/second (GB/s) between the individual processors, the processors and the memory, as well as between the processors and the I/O hub.
- Management through integrated Remote Management Controller (iRMC S2) enables individual server access and extensive control, even at remote locations. The integrated Pre-failure Detection and Analysis function provides reliable operations in all circumstances.
- Multiple server boot options, including local HDD or SSD, via the network, or USB solid state disk makes this server ideal for any application.
- Two integrated dual-channel Intel® 82575 gigabit Ethernet controllers are standard. Two PCI Express 2.0 Mezzanine slots for a combination of 4-channel Gbit or 2-channel 10 Gbit Ethernet, 2-channel 8 Gbit
- Fibre Channel and 2-channel 40 Gbit Infiniband offer excellent I/O connection options via the high-performance Midplane of the Blade Server chassis. The high I/O capacity of the blade server allows optimal usage of multiple I/O protocols, ensuring smooth operations for demanding applications.
- SAS 2.0 RAID 0,1 Mezzanine card with a 512 MB write-back cache and an optional battery backup unit.