Advanced processor technology brings powerful performance to support up to two Intel Xeon processor 5500 and 5600 series dual-core, quad-core or six-core processor, Turbo Boost Technology, demand-based switching technology, QuickPath Technology (QPI) and with a memory management unit. Intel Quick Path memory controller architecture for BX922 S2 servers processors, between processors and between processors and memory and I / O hub to achieve up to 25 GB / s high-speed bandwidth. Has been calculated to have up to six next-generation processor core ready.
Virtualization support comes standard with two integrated dual-port Intel 82576 Gb Ethernet controllers. In addition to I / O Acceleration Technology and Virtual Machine Device Queues, Intel VT-c technology also includes a single IO Virtualization (SR-IOV) technology.
- „Two Dual-Core, Quad-Core or Six-Core CPUs with Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 and 5600 series with Turbo Boost technology, Demand Based Switching, QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) and internal Memory Management Unit. The Intel® QuickPath architecture memory controllers provide the BX922 S2 with a highspeed bandwidth of up to 25 Gigabytes/second (GB/s) between the individual processors, the processors and the memory, as well as between the processors and the I/O hub.
- Two integrated dual-channel Intel® 82576 Gb Ethernet controllers are standard. The integrated Intel® virtualization technology for connectivity contains - in addition to I/O acceleration technology and the Virtual Machine Device Queues - Single Root IO virtualization SR-IOV as well.
- Two PCI Express 2.0 Mezzanine slots with a combination of quad-channel 1 Gb Ethernet, dual-channel 10Gb Ethernet, dual channel 8 Gb Fibre Channel, dual-channel 10 Gb CNA (FCoE), and dual-channel 40 Gb Infiniband (QDR) offer excellent connection features via a high-performance midplane. The high server blade I/O capacity allows optimal use of various I/O protocols, ensuring smooth operations for demanding applications.
- Various server boot options, e.g. from the network, from Hard Disk or Solid State Drives or from a USB Flash module make the server ideal for every application.
- Management via the integrated Remote Management Controller (iRMC S2) enables access to each server and extensive control, even at remote locations. The integrated Pre-failure Detection and Analysis function provides reliable operations in all circumstances