The Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY CX270 S2 has two server nodes that can be embedded in the PRIMERGY CX400 S2 enclosure, only using 2U height in conventional standard datacenter racks.
Each half-wide server node with Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 product family CPUs, 16 DIMM slots, 3 PCIe I/O slots features an optional GPGPU from NVIDIA® or an Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor, enabling a ten-fold performance boost in HPC applications. Moreover, using shared power supplies and cooling fans, the PRIMERGY CX270 S2 condensed half-wide form factor optimizes large data center scale-out deployment, resulting in less rack space used and lower power envelopes as compared to standard rack servers.
- Two CX270 S2 server nodes, each with two multi-core processors, up to 1,024 GB memory, optional high-end GPGPU/coprocessor from Nvidia or Intel, and a local storage capacity of up to four drives can be smartly packaged into a condensed 2U rack enclosure, using shared cooling and power.
- CX270 S2 server nodes come w/o local fans or power supplies. Instead they share central cooling fans and hot plug power supplies per 2U chassis.
- 4 to 12 core processors and Turbo Boost 2.0
- PCIe Gen 3 support
- 16 DIMMs per server node with up to 1,024 GB DDR3 memory and up to 1,866 MHz DRAM bandwidth.
- 1 optional GPGPU/coprocessor compute module per CX270 S2 server node, selected from NVIDIA® Tesla™ K-series, or from the Intel® Xeon Phi™ product family, both in between the parallel computing (co)processors for high performance computing (HPC).
- Up to 1.3 TFLOPS of double precision double the performance of the predecessors. Energy efficient supercomputers with up to 2,500 MFLOPS/W are equipped with these modules.