GreyconSuite (X-Trim and opt-Studio) is a trim optimisation system created by a team of developers at Greycon. Seamlessly integrating with SAP, X-Trim optimises performance and reduces production waste.
Constant, Variable & Multiple Diameter Problems
X-Trim can solve problems where all reels (whether produced for the end-user or those that will go through a converting process) have:
- The same, common, diameter
- At least some of the reels can be produced in a continuously variable range, or where the material is not reeled at all, but is sheeted in-line
- At least some of the reels can be produced at a number of pre-specified, fixed, diameters
Multi-primary Machine Problems
The program handles multiple primary machines, whether these represent multiple paper machines in different sites or master stock of different sizes.
Given an order that may be split across more than one primary machine, the program determines how best to split it according to optimisation criteria (see below) and run length constraints.
When splitting an order across multiple primary machines, X-Trim takes into account:
- The site or facility where the primary machine is located
- The minimum quantity of this order that can be produced at this site; the program can work with either a minimum quantity or a multiple (e.g. truckloads).
- Whether the whole of the order or just part of it can be split between sites and/or paper machines
- The incremental transportation cost for producing this order at this site
- The specific caliper / density for the grade on each primary machine (orders are specified by weight or reel count)
- Minimum and maximum primary machine run lengths for load balancing
Associated with each paper machine there is an operating cost and the value of waste; these are used for global optimisation.
X-Trim is adept at handling:
- Reels or sheets
- Fixed or variable diameters
- Multi-machine & multi-site situations
- Optimising in-line primary processes (e.g. paper machine - winder) and from stock
X-Trim offers solutions to all these situations and many more. X-Trim is easy to implement and easy to use, saves money and provides a return on investment measured in days or weeks.
X-Trim complements and connects to:
Commercial order fulfillment systems
Advanced Planning & Scheduling systems - X-Trim uniquely offers a certified interface to SAP
Manufacturing Execution Systems, such as GreyconMill
For more information, click here.
opt-Studio is a premier advanced scheduling planning system designed and created to solve scheduling issues and deliver short-term and mid-term planning capabilities for your business. It can configure complex multi-stage production processes by sequencing the tasks on each workcentre and estimate the start and end dates with several constraints.
Features and Benefits
Customer service improvement:
- Stock-outs - reduction by 30%
- Late orders - reduced by 30%
- Visibility of orders status and traceability through an integrated system
- Setup cost and grade changes - reduction by 15%
Inventory and work-in-progress:
- Reduction - 0.5% of production
- multi-machines, multi-sites synchronisation, integrated solution, standardise business processes, analytics
Improved traceability & product quality
The key elements of opt-Studio are:
- Schedule maintenance: with a user interface that embodies all of Greycon’s multi-year expertise, simple yet infinitely customisable and powerful
- Schedule optimisation: inherited from previous-generation Greycon scheduling products D-Opt and S-Plan
- Trim optimisation: using the same, best-in-class trim optimisation algorithms from X-Trim
opt-Studio can help you to increase throughput, reduce stock levels, improve manpower utilization and minimize overrun. In addition, you will be able to reduce delivery lead times, strengthen customer relationships, prioritize orders and respect promised delivery dates.
A manufacturing execution system (MES) such as GreyconMill , if present, may be used to update the status of the live orders in real-time. Orders typically arrive through the order processing system to opt-Studio to generate schedules. These schedules are then communicated to the operators on the shop floor, either electronically or in printed form.
For producers that need geometric optimisation of their material, e.g. in the paper or plastic film industries, opt-Studio provides access to such functionality using the same interface.