The HPE Synergy 2820C 10Gb Converged Network Adapter is a key element in HPE composable fabric connecting pools of compute resources to networks with reliable, high-performing converged 10Gb Ethernet connectivity. It has storage I/O functionality along with single root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) capabilities. With Flex-10 Technology, it converges Ethernet and FCoE onto a single connection simplifying hardware and reducing costs. Provisioning and updating Synergy 2820C are simple, reliable and fast using the HPE Synergy software-defined, template-driven, frictionless operation. The HPE Synergy Composer automatically delivers proper firmware and driver coordination including staging updates for execution to avoid workload description.
- Delivers flexibility to compose multiple network flows including Ethernet and FCoE or iSCSI within each connection.
- Full hardware offload of FCoE and iSCSI storage protocol processing for highest performance converged Ethernet data and storage networks.
- Flex-10 Technology allows you to fine tune bandwidth for up to four partitioned FlexNIC’s and FlexHBA’s to optimize connectivity for different application needs. From 100 Mb/s to 10 Gb/s on up to four Physical Function NICs per port, in increments of 100 Mb/s for NIC. The combined bandwidth of NICs cannot exceed port bandwidth i.e. 10GB.
- A single Type C mezzanine form factor provides flexible network and storage I/O for any HPE Synergy Compute Module.
- Provides up to 40 Gb/s of converged bi-directional Ethernet bandwidth.
- Throughput and latency performance.
- Supports Tunnel Offload with NVGRE and VXLAN.
- Hardware acceleration and offloads for stateless TCP/IP, TCP Offload Engine (TOE).
- Orchestrates reliable adapter firmware updates with an entire HPE Synergy infrastructure from a single tool, HPE Synergy Composer.
- Integrated PHY and MAC.
- Support for Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE).
- Support for SR-IOV (Windows, Linux).
- Support for Network Partitioning (NPAR) when using Pass-thru modules.