The HPE FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter can be installed together with FlexibleLOM adapters for ProLiant Gen9 Server Blades to provide additional features. The adapter provides Tunnel Offload for efficient overlay networking to increase VM migration flexibility and network scale with minimal impact to server performance.
Traditional layer 2 networks limit mobility and scale of virtualized and multi-tenant workloads. When connected to HPE 6125XLG Ethernet Blade Switch, it also supports RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) which increases host efficiency and lowers latency.
When connected to HPE Virtual Connect FlexFabric-20/40 F8 Modules, the FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter provides 20 GbE performance and it can also provide 10 GbE performance when connected to HPE 6125XLG Ethernet Blade Switch.
Lower Costs and Deliver Faster Services by Converging FCoE or RoCE with LAN Traffic on a Single Wire
- The HPE FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter is specifically designed for HPE ProLiant Server Blade. It is a mezzanine adapter which cost-effectively doubles server I/O bandwidth and avoids bottlenecks both today and in the future.
- Simplify the infrastructure by reducing 50% of the hardware (compared to 10G adapters), lowering operational costs and acquisition costs.
- HPE FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter converges FCoE or RoCE with LAN traffic on a single Ethernet wire.
- Combining both the FlexibleLOM and Mezzanine adapters in a single HPE BladeSystem ProLiant Server can provide up to 80 Gb/s of converged bi-directional Ethernet bandwidth.
Improve Network Virtualization Performance and Scale with Tunnel Offload on a 20 GbE Adapter
- The HPE FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter uses Tunnel Offload and a 2x bandwidth improvement to take full advantage of overlay networking.
- Increase I/O throughput up to 129%, and reduce CPU and power consumption by 46% and 122% respectively using Tunnel Offload.
- Increase the scale of VMs/VLANs beyond the traditional limit of 4,096.
- Simplify network services provisioning.
Improve Operational Agility with Faster VM Migration and Storage Data Access
- The HPE FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650M Adapter provides faster Microsoft Hyper-V Live Migration (using SMB with RoCE instead of TCP/IP).
- Reduce CPU consumption, lower latency and improve host VM density and server efficiency using RoCE.
- Provide up to a 4x improvement in small packet performance.