The HPE NC365T is PCIe Gen 2.0 compliant adapter that supports TCP checksum and segmentation, Large Send and Receive offload capability, Message Signal Interrupt Extension (MSI-X), IEEE 1588, Receive Side Scaling (RSS), VLAN tagging, 9.5KB jumbo frames and IPv6.
The HPE NC365T supports up to eight Virtual Machines per port and ships with support for an advanced server virtualization feature called Virtual Machine Data queue (VMDq), which improves I/O performance by reducing I/O overhead in a virtualized environment. Like all ProLiant Networking Options, HPE NC365T can be easily installed in either standard or low profile slots.
- Intel 82571EB chipset controller
- Up to 1000 Mb/s Ethernet transfer rate per port (4000 Mb/s combined)
- 10/100/1000 Mb/s, half- and full-duplex support
- Jumbo frames (also known as extended frames) permit a 9.5K byte transmission unit (MTU), which is six times the size of standard 1500 byte Ethernet frame
- HPE NC365T adapter supports both 10 Mb/s and 100 Mb/s
- The x4 PCI Express interface on the HPE NC365T is compatible with x4, x8, and x16 PCI slots. If installed in a x8 or x16 slot, the adapter will operate at the x4 speed
- IEEE 802.1Q virtual local area network (VLAN) protocol allows each physical port of the HPE NC365T to be separated into multiple virtual NICs for added network segmentation and enhanced security and performance
- VLANs increase security by isolating traffic between users. Limiting the broadcast traffic to within the same VLAN domain also improves performance. IEEE quality of service (QoS) 802.1p tagging allows the adapter to mark or tag frames with a priority level across a QoS-aware network for improved traffic flow
- TCP/IP checksum offload (TCO) moves the TCP and IP checksum offloading from the CPU to the network adapter
- Large send offload (LSO) or TCP segmentation offload (TSO) allows the TCP segmentation to be handled by the adapter rather than the CPU