The HPE NC382m is a Multifunction adapter that combines standard Gigabit Ethernet networking, TCP/IP offload engine (TOE) acceleration for Microsoft Windows, and iSCSI boot into a single mezzanine card. This x4 PCI Express dual-port adapter is supported on all HP BladeSystem ProLiant c-Class servers in all mezzanine slots. Multiple adapters can be installed per server. In addition to its Multifunction capabilities, the NC382m adapter ships with advanced server features that ProLiant customers have come to expect, such as support for failover and load balancing, TCP/IP checksum offloading, large send offloading, PXE, jumbo frames, VLAN tagging, QoS, and much more.
- The NC382m increases the efficient use of TCP offload resources for Windows, making certain connections dynamically move between host and network adapter
- With TCP/IP offloading engine (TOE) for Microsoft Windows, the NC382m reduces the CPU cycles required to process network traffic in Windows environments
- By using Receive Side Scaling (RSS) in multiple CPU systems, network traffic is no longer a bottleneck. RSS provides dynamic load balancing of incoming traffic across CPUs
- As an alternative to often more costly non TCP/IP implementations, the accelerated iSCSI capability provides high performance iSCSI traffic from an HPE BladeSystem c-Class ProLiant server
- The flexibility of the NC382m enables IT staffs to simplify their management operations by having a single I/O device provide both networking and storage needs
- By providing TCP/IP accelerated networking and accelerated iSCSI storage connections, the NC382m enables the deployment of a high performance, single fabric environment