The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 server blade is ideal for virtualization, database, business processing, and other four processor (4P) applications where fine-tuning of data center space and price/performance is paramount. Focused on flexibility, it offers more storage options, faster IO, and more powerful processing to meet any workload needs at the lowest TCO.
All of this is managed by HP OneView, the converged management platform that accelerates IT service delivery and boosts business performance. Supporting the Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v3 processors, the BL660c Gen9 Server Blade redefines density-optimized 4-socket blade technology without compromising on performance.
HPE DDR4 SmartMemory offers up to a 33% performance increase from our previous generation. Additional support includes tiered storage controller options, 12 Gb/s SAS, 20 Gb FlexibleLOM NICs, support for M.2, and USB 3.0.
Ideal 4-socket Dense Form Factor without Compromising on Performance, Scalability, and Expandability
- The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade delivers four socket (4S) computing in a single-wide, full-height form factor. It has support for up to four cost-effective Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v3 processors each with up to 18 cores and 135 watts without system configuration restrictions.
- Provides the flexibility to optimize your core IT applications, with right-sized storage for the right workload lowering TCO, all managed by HP OneView the converged management platform that accelerates IT service delivery and boosts business performance.
- The HPE Gen9 FlexibleLOM solution for choice of embedded networking supports up to four 20 Gb FlexFabric ports.
- Supports four Small Form Factor (SFF) drive bays for increased internal storage capacity.
Improved Memory, Storage, and I/O Performance
- The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade delivers up to 70% performance increases with Intel® Xeon® E5-4600 v3 processors.
- HPE DDR4 SmartMemory at 2133MHz (up to 2 TB with 64 GB DIMMs): +14% - 33% throughput compared to competition and 35% lower power consumption than 1.5v DDR3 at the same bin speed.
- Optional HPE Smart Array P246br storage controller with 1 GB Flash-Write Back Cache (FWBC) DDR3 at 1866 MHz improves storage performance for demanding workloads.
Flexibility to Configure for Your Specific Workload for Reduced TCO
- The HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade delivers tiered storage controller options (HPE Smart Array P246br or the HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller) for increased deployment flexibility.
- Every BL660c Gen9 Server Blade includes USB 3.0, optional dual Micro-SD, two SFF drives, 12 Gb SAS and optional M.2 support for configuration variety of system boot options at the better price.
- Both Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) and Legacy BIOS modes available for increased configuration and deployment versatility.
Transforming Business Economics by Accelerating Service Delivery
- HPE OneView provides the HPE ProLiant BL660c Gen9 Server Blade with the Power of One - a single comprehensive view of the data center, managing hardware, software, firmware, and drivers.
- HPE Integrated Lights-out (iLO) software features server lifecycle management advancements including iLO Federation, which remotely manages groups of servers at scale with built-in rapid discovery of all iLOs, group configurations, group health status, and ability to determine iLO licenses.