The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server is an enterprise-grade four socket (4S) x86 server offering breakthrough performance, rock-solid reliability, and compelling consolidation and manageability efficiencies. It is ideal for mission-critical enterprise, business intelligence, and database applications.
Featuring Intel® Xeon® E7-4800 v2 processors, the HPE DL580 Gen8 offers fast results with enhanced processor performance, more memory slots (96 DIMMs), greater IO bandwidth (9 PCIe Gen3.0 slots), and increased storage performance (12 Gbps SAS) over the HPE DL580 G7 systems. HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 has security and data protection features for system resiliency that your business can depend on.
With intelligent manageability through HPE OneView, iLO 4, and user-inspired features, you get faster, lower cost infrastructure management.
- The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server provides up to 2x processor performance and 50% more cores with Intel Xeon E7-4800 v2 processors than the previous generation.
- Allows you to implement large-scale in-memory computing and virtualization with more memory slots (96 DIMMs).
- Supports more PCIe flash storage or co-processor cores to boost performance with greater I/O bandwidth: 9 PCIe Gen3 slots including 5 x16 FL/FH slots.
- Increases SSD performance with 12 Gbps HPE Smart Array SAS Controllers and greater internal storage capacity for faster access to more data.
- The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server provides increased system availability and less need for service with enhanced error recovery, improved error diagnosis, and built-in redundancy.
- Improves reliability and data protection with HPE Smart Array Controllers featuring 4 G cache, Advanced Data Mirroring, and HP SmartDrive technology.
- Increases security with support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) mode, Secure Boot, HPE Secure Encryption, and Intel Secure Key.
- HPE Proactive Care Services integrates uptime and productivity into a personalized, simplified support experience.
- The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server provides total cost of ownership savings with scale-up consolidation efficiencies and software licensing cost savings.
- Faster, lower-cost infrastructure management and a single integrated view of your IT infrastructure with HPE OneView.
- Provides up to 3x faster administrative updates with 93% less downtime and 69% less operator time through maintenance tools with HPE Smart Update Manager (SUM).
- Comprehensive embedded manageability with HPE iLO 4, HPE Agentless Management, HPE Active Health System, HPE Intelligent Provisioning, and HPE Embedded Remote Support.
- User-inspired features such as FlexibleLOM for a choice in networking, front access processor/memory drawer for ease of serviceability, and QR code for quick access to product information.