HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen8, the next-generation workstation delivers the blade with comprehensive graphics acceleration capabilities for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and provides up to 60% cost reduction per seat compared to previous remote PC/workstation environments. Additionally, the up-to-3X improvement in user density saves data center power, space, and management time.
The computing power, in the form of a blade workstation, is moved to the data center where it can be more easily, securely, and economically managed. The results are improved uptime and business continuity, enhanced data center security, and reduced IT costs.
Centralized, Mission-critical Control and Security of Data Center
- The HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen8 Workstation Blade lowers risk by managing technology exposure to the business operations with a centralized blade infrastructure.
- Keep critical company data securely in the data center and protect against intellectual property loss from data stored on client devices.
- Share advanced media-rich workstation graphics remotely, with 2D and 3D multi-display, and full-motion video capabilities.
- Drive up to four displays per client device and run multiple computing sessions from each, so professionals have access to the compute power they need on demand.
- Supports NVIDIA Quadro 3000, Quadro 1000 (single or dual), and Quadro 500(single or dual) Mezz Graphics.
- Supports high-end graphics in the dedicated blade WS (1:1 mode). Now supports both shared GPU and Direct-mapped graphics modes in virtualized environment.
- HPE WS460c Gen8 Graphics Expansion Blade supports NVIDIA Quadro 5000/6000 and the new HPE Multi-GPU Carrier with six NVIDIA Quadro 3000M or eight NVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphics cards.
Improved Resource Use and Access Flexibility
- Users with higher graphics demands who were previously unable to move to a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment can now do so and reap the benefits.
- Increased user density drives down the per user cost and increases resource utilization.
- Access workstation blade resources easily from thin client devices and from Microsoft Windows®-based workstations, PCs, and notebooks.
- Enable talented professionals around the globe to work as a collaborative team on the same applications while keeping the data secure.