The HPE Smart Array P244br Controller is a Flexible Smart Array, 12 Gb/s SAS RAID controller that provides enterprise-class storage performance and data protection for the HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Server Blade. It features two internal physical links and delivers increased server uptime by providing advanced storage functionality with flash-backed write cache (FBWC) and pre-failure warning.
The Gen9 Server family of controllers supports the HPE Smart Storage Battery. With HPE Smart Storage Battery, multiple Smart Array controllers are supported without needing additional backup power sources for each controller, resulting in a simple upgrade process and at a reduced cost.
- The HPE Smart Array P244br Controller delivers 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity for HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 Servers when connected to 12 Gb/s storage devices for increased performance in OS boot, messaging, database or general server applications.
- Offers integrated 1 GB DDR3-1866 Flash Backed Write Cache providing up to 14.9 GB/s cache bandwidth to reduce latency in write-intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
- Optional HPE SmartCache provides read and write acceleration for workloads such as databases or web pages.
- The HPE Smart Array P244br Controller offers optional HPE Secure Encryption capability that protects data at rest on any bulk storage attached to the controller.
- Long-term data retention with integrated 1 GB Flash Based Write Cache (FBWC) for improved data reliability.
- The HPE Smart Array P244br Controller and the attached storage devices are configured and managed by the easy–to-use HPE Smart Storage Administrator software which is included in the intelligent provisioning of the server.
- Data compatibility between the HPE Smart Array Controller family allows simple and easy migration at any time when needs for higher performance, capacity, or availability increase such as converting an existing storage volume to more advanced disk array configuration.