HPE FC2143 is a host bus adapter that combines the backward compatibility and high bandwidth of 266 MHz PCI-X 2.0 with exceptional 4 Gb/s Fibre Channel performance. Emulex HBAs employ a firmware-based architecture and a Service Level Interface (SLI) that enable new features and other upgrades without adapter hardware changes. Emulex technology also allows for a single set of drivers and management tools across HBA product series.
- Adds 4 Gb PCI-X 2.0 single and dual channel I/O connectivity to HP storage arrays: Provides 4Gb SAN connectivity and backward compatibility with 2 Gb and 1 Gb Fibre Channel.
- High bandwidth 266 MHz PCI-X 2.0 host bus interface: Compatible with 266 MHz PCI-X 2.0 host buses, while backward compatible with 66, 100 and 133 MHz bus systems.
- Single driver solution across multiple generations of HBAs: The Emulex based 4 Gb HBAs present a standard interface to the OS that allows the same driver to be used with older generation 2 Gb and even 1Gb HBAs, simplifying SAN management.
- Low power consumption: The low power consumption of these new 4 Gb HBAs helps keep the server running cooler and more reliably.
- Low profile form factor: Single and dual-channel versions are low profile ensuring maximum compatibility with the widest variety of HPE servers, including the low profile BL40p.