Hitachi Biometric Reader scans and verifies the user’s unique vein patterns in the finger. The solution combines a biometric reader with smart card technology and software that includes PKI libraries. The SIM-sized smart card holds the user’s private keys, certificate and biometric templates.
Hitachi Biometric Reader PC-KCB110 solution is one of the most secure technologies available It is:
- Accurate. Unique vein patterns, combined with Hitachi's finger vein technology, deliver high accuracy resulting in some of the lowest False Reject Rates (FRR) and False Accept Rates (FAR) among biometric technologies.
- Fast. Advanced algorithms ensure vein patterns matching at lightning speeds.
- Secure. Vein patterns are internal, making forgery extremely challenging.
- Private. Other biometrics can be captured remotely or left behind (in the case of finger prints) which is a serious privacy risk. Finger vein patterns avoid this.
- Robust. The technology is able to work well even when the skin is dry, dirty, greasy or rough.
- Standard. This Biometric Reader is compatible with the industry standard of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Digital Signature systems. The SIM card holds the user’s private keys, certificate and biometric template. When the user needs to identify themselves either for the purposes of log in or signing a transaction, a biometric match rather than a PIN code is used to unlock the SIM and invoke the private keys for signing.