This Biometric Reader scans and verifies the user’s unique vein patterns in the finger.
The solution combines a biometric reader with smart card technology and software that includes PKI libraries. The SIMsized smart card holds the user’s private keys, certificate and biometric templates. Utilizing wireless technology, it frees users from the desktop while maintaining better reliability, accuracy and functionality in a small sleek package.
This solution is one of the most secure technologies available today. It is:
- Accurate. Unique vein patterns, combined with Hitachi's finger vein technology, deliver high accuracy.
- Fast. Advanced algorithms ensure vein patterns matching at lightning speeds.
- Secure. Vein patterns are internal, making forgery extremely challenging.
- Private. Other biometrics can be captured remotely or left behind (in the case of finger prints) which is a serious privacy risk. Finger vein patterns avoid this.
- Robust. The technology is able to work well even when the skin is dry, dirty, greasy or rough.
- Standard. This Biometric Reader is compatible with the industry standard of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Digital
- Signature systems. The SIM card holds the user’s private keys, certificate and biometric template. When the user needs to identify themselves either for the purposes of log in or signing a transaction, a biometric match rather than a PIN code is used to unlock the SIM and invoke the private keys for signing.
- Compact. The form factor is small enough to fit in a jacket pocket.
- Portable. This Biometric Reader can be connected by either wired (USB) or wireless (Bluetooth).
- Easy. Messages and icons are shown in the organic light-emitting diode display.