Hitachi BladeSymphony BS540A B1 combines the high-end features needed in todays mission critical data center with the high compute density and adaptable architecture you need to lower costs and protect investment. The flexible architecture and logical partitioning feature of Hitachi BladeSymphony BS540A B1 allow configurations to exactly match application needs, and multiple applications to easily and securely co-exist in the same chassis.
Hitachi BladeSymphony BS540A B1 combines the high-end features needed in todays mission critical data center with the high compute density and adaptable architecture you need to lower costs and protect investment.
- 6U chassis houses up to 8 server blade modules.
- Integrated chassis management features simplify and accelerate installation and maintenance tasks
- Mainframe class high availability features (hot-swap, redundant components, automated failover)
- Latest Intel Xeon processors for state-of-the-art performance
- Multiple blade options for workload flexibility
- Large maximum memory configurations
- Hardware based logical partition (LPAR) capability for robust, secure, high performance virtualization
- Choice of switched fabric options, including IP, FC and converged fabric.
- Securely host multiple workloads in a single blade chassis
- CPU Intel Xeon E5-4600 series
- Number of sockets 4
- DIMM type Registered ECC DDR3
- Number of slots 48
- Maximum memory capacity 1.5TB (32GB LRDIMM) 3.0TB (64GB LRDIMM)
- BMC/rKVM SH core based
- Management LAN 1Gb Ethernet
- NIC 4x dual-port 10Gb or 1Gb Ethernet
- Host bus PCIe (Gen. 3.0)
- Number of slots 2x mezzanine card slots
- RAID Hardware RAID
- HDD bay Hot-swappable 2x 2.5-inch SAS HDD/SSD (per blade)
- KVM USB connector (USB 2.0 for bootable optical drive)/KVM connector (USB 2.0 x2, VGA)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4, Hitachi Compute Blade logical partitioning feature