A member of the HUS and HNAS 4000 series, the model 4040 is a lower entry point to Hitachi’s family of midrange NAS systems. Using the same operating system software, the model 4040 provides enterprise-class features and capabilities that is fully compatible with the rest of the series. It is integrated with the Hitachi VSP, HUS VM and 100 series of storage systems to provide best-in-class performance, scalability, capacity efficiency, data protection and low TCO. When paired with the HUS 110, the model 4040 enables users to start small and grow to enterprise capacities and functionality.
- Hitachi NAS Platform 4040 for remote data center or medium organization applications.
- Powerful hardware accelerated file system representing the next generation of multiprotocol file services.
- Seamlessly integrated with Hitachi HUS SAN Storage, Hitachi Storage Command Suite, Hitachi Data Discovery Suite for advanced search and index across NAS platforms and the Hitachi Content Archive Platform for data retention and regulatory compliance.
With scalability and performance, the Hitachi NAS Platform allows you to consolidate NAS devices or file servers to simplify your IT infrastructure. You can also reduce the complexity of storage management and lower your total cost of ownership (TCO). The advanced virtualization and data protection capabilities significantly improve efficiency, agility and utilization across NAS environments.
Renowned for exceptional performance, the Hitachi NAS Platform lets storage professionals with performance driven applications improve productivity and competitiveness:
- Reduce processing cycle times
- Respond rapidly to changing demands
- Scale workloads and capacity seamlessly
- Increase the number of simultaneous users or projects
- Intelligent file tiering enables policy-based Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) within the Hitachi NAS Platform and to the Hitachi Content Archive Platform
- Rolling upgrades and faster failover times reduce planned and unplanned downtime
- Hardware-accelerated network storage with up to 1.6 GB/sec throughput for sequential workloads and up to 200,000 IOPS
- Expandable with up to 4PB of capacity and file systems up to 256TB when used with Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage 2000 family systems
- Active-active clustering of up to 8 nodes with performance that improves almost at a linear rate as the load increases
- Integrated with the powerful Hitachi Storage Command Suite storage management software
- Block- and file-level replication
- Tiered storage across Fibre Channel, SAS and serial ATA (SATA)
- Cluster Namespace for unified directory structure
- Policy-based Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) feature
- Up to 64 virtual servers with role-based security and virus scanning
- Up to 16 million objects per directory