The Hitachi NAS Platform, powered by BlueArc®, is an advanced and integrated network attached storage (NAS) solution. It is a tool for file sharing or file server consolidation, data protection and general purpose NAS workloads.
The Hitachi NAS Platform allows it to consolidate NAS devices or file servers to simplify your IT infrastructure. It can also reduce the complexity of storage management and lower the total cost of ownership (TCO).
The advanced virtualization and data protection capabilities significantly improve efficiency, agility and utilization across NAS environments. The Hitachi NAS Platform lets storage professionals with performance driven applications improve productivity and competitiveness.
- Intelligent file tiering enables policy-based Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) within the Hitachi NAS Platform and to the Hitachi Content Archive Platform
- Rolling upgrades and faster failover times reduce planned and unplanned downtime
- Hardware-accelerated network storage with up to 1.6 GB/sec throughput for sequential workloads and up to 200,000 IOPS
- Expandable with up to 4PB of capacity and file systems up to 256TB when used with Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage 2000 family systems
- Active-active clustering of up to 8 nodes with performance that improves almost at a linear rate as the load increases
- Integrated with the powerful Hitachi Storage Command Suite storage management software
- Block- and file-level replication
- Tiered storage across Fibre Channel, SAS and serial ATA (SATA)
- Cluster Namespace for unified directory structure
- Policy-based Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) feature
- Up to 64 virtual servers with role-based security and virus scanning
- Up to 16 million objects per directory