Huawei N8000 series is a unified storage platform (NAS, FC SAN, and IP SAN) designed for mid-range and high-end storage applications. It features advanced architecture, robust reliability, superb scalability, high performance, and easy management.
The N8000 meets the requirements of high-performance computing, databases, websites, file services, streaming media, video surveillance, and file backup. As a clustered NAS storage system, it is widely deployed in fields such as manufacturing, government, enterprise, education, telecom, broadcast & television, and Internet.
Huawei N8000 series is a unified storage platform (NAS, FC SAN, and IP SAN) designed for mid-range and high-end storage applications.
- Supports clustered NAS engine nodes in active/active mode.
- Uses hot-swappable components.
- Provides up to 16 NAS engine nodes to integrate multiple file servers and mass storage on a single platform.
- Delivers near-linear performance improvement as the number of NAS engine nodes increases.
- Provides up to 15 PB capacity.
- Provides high performance for computing clusters.
- Leverages a single file system spanning all storage units to deliver GB-level throughput and process frequent I/Os.
- Provides flexibility for balancing different physical resources as the number of storage nodes is scaled. It is suitable for those computing clusters that have thousands of nodes and demanding NFS access.
- Reduces investment costs with Dynamic Storage Tiering (DST) by automating data migration among different storage media according to file access frequency.
- Provides all-round data protection approaches such as snapshot, synchronous mirroring, remote replication, and deduplication.
- Enhances backup performance with built-in Symantec NetBackup Client on NAS engine nodes.
- Possesses LUN features such as LUN copy, virtual snapshot, and synchronous/asynchronous remote replication.
- Supports block and file protocols for Ethernet and FC interfaces.
- Offers unified management of NAS engine nodes and storage units.
- Reduces customers management costs with the wizard-based Integrated Storage Manager (ISM) software.
- Enables automatic deployment of newly added NAS engine nodes.
- Improves troubleshooting efficiency with fault monitoring and alarming (by email, SNMP, or Syslog).
- Simplifies maintenance and lowers TCO through the elimination of backup client software on hosts.