Designed for Big Data, the HUAWEI OceanStor 9000 storage system uses a symmetric distributed architecture to deliver cutting-edge performance, large-scale horizontal expansion capabilities, and a super-large single file system, providing shared storage for structured data and unstructured data. Applicable industries include broadcasting media, satellite mapping, genetic research, energy exploration, scientific research, and education.
- Big data life cycle integration: One system integrates with data storage, analysis, and archiving for improved processing efficiency, simplified system, and reduced investment and cost.
- Management integration: One set of software centrally manages IT devices, provides analysis reports, simplifies management, and improves operation efficiency.
The OceanStor V3 series storage system offers a three-level performance acceleration technology, and delivers hierarchical performance for different applications. The three levels are:
- Superior hardware: storage system is equipped with 64-bit multicore processors, high-speed and large-capacity caches, and various high-speed interface modules
- Solid state drives (SSDs)
- Better performance: The OceanStor 9000's performance ranks first in the SPEC sfs2008 benchmark test and exceeds 5 million Operations Per Second (OPS) in terms of the Network File System (NFS).
- High-speed internal interworking: Interworking is based on a 10GE or 40GE InfiniBand network. Target of Evaluation (TOE) and Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) technologies are supported.
- SSD-based metadata access acceleration: SSDs are used to store metadata, improving metadata access efficiency.
- Global cache: A maximum of 55 TB global cache is provided, increasing the data access hit ratio.
- Dynamic storage tiering: Hotspot data is intelligently migrated, improving system performance.
- Intelligent load balancing: Cross-node client connection load balancing automatically strikes a balance between capacity and performance, optimizing cluster resources
- Flexible expansion: Seamless epansion from 3 to 288 nodes enables linear expansion of capacity and performance.
- Scale-out architecture: The OceanStor 9000 adopts a scalable sharenothing symmetric distributed architecture.
- Global namespace: A single file xsystem provides up to 40 PB capacity
- Flexible space quota: Storage resource thin provisioning is implemented at the directory, user, and user group levels.
- Automatic statistics collection and analysis: Automatic performance statistics collection and analysis enable proper use of resources.
- Automatic deployment: Automatic deployment and configuration of the software platform enable one-click capacity expansion. A single node can be added within 60 seconds.