Huawei OceanStor HVS series enterprise storage system is an optimum storage platform for new-generation data centers that feature virtualization, hybrid cloud, simplified IT, and low carbon. Being reliable, efficient, and flexible, the HVS meets the demanding requirements on mission-critical systems of all sectors, including finance, government bodies, energy, manufacturing, transportation, education, and telecommunications.
- Smart Matrix Architecture: a unique storage system architecture that enables dynamic system resource expansion by adding HVS engines. It shatters the physical barriers of legacy system architectures. Smart Matrix Architecture is based on PCIe 2.0 network and all HVS engines are interconnected and communicate with each other through this fully switched network. The bandwidth reaches 192Gbps. Each HVS engine contains two controllers and four internal interconnected redundant interfaces. Each controller integrates functions of front-end, global cache and back-end. The Smart Matrix Architecture can linearly expand system resources and have up to eight HVS engines distributed in the data center.
- Scale-Up: Boosts system performance, capacity, and connectivity by adding memories, capacities, and service ports.
- Scale-Out: Linearly expands system resources by adding HVS engines. The Smart Matrix couples all resources and enables on-demand expansion to achieve the onlinecapacity and performance improvement, meeting applications' increasing needs.
- Scale-Deep: Consolidates heterogeneous storage systems under centralized management of HVS, eliminating information islands and protecting existing investment.
- Scale-In: Smart volume automatically balances the performance and capacity among the storage system without adding any hardware, improving overall storage recourse utilization and performance expansion.
3D Data Flowing
- Data Flowing Vertically: Based on fine grain data access statistics technology, the data are stored on different storage media according to access frequency. Based on tiered storage management, the data are automatically migrated between storage tiers. Furthermore, users can specify certain data for access acceleration, and the overall storage system performance is doubled.
- Data Flowing Horizontally: Allows data to intelligently migrate horizontally within the storage system, and distributes the data evenly on all system resources, eliminating the uneven use of resources and improving the overall system performance.
- Data Flowing Deeply: Performs a centralized and virtualized management on heterogeneous storage systems, and allows data to be migrated freely throughout those systems by extending HVS features into them.