Huawei S2600 is a storage product for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Based on a creative architecture design, the S2600 offers a complete storage solution with the five E-features – Evolutionary, Easy, Enhanced, Energy-saving, and Economical.
Huawei S2600 is a storage product for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Based on a creative architecture design.
- Seamless convergence of FC SAN and IP SAN: The combo interface supports both FC and iSCSI connectivity.
- Support of key features of mid-range storage products: The highly cost-effective features include remote replication (HyperMirror), power failure protection, and disk pre-copy.
- Easy installation and operation: The ISM storage management software supports the Java Web Start (JWS) free for installation, and provides a wizard to help users complete all configuration jobs within five minutes.
- Easy maintenance: Event alarms are delivered to users through SMS, email, audio and visual feedback. Hot-swappable modules such as controllers, power supplies, and hard disks ensure zero interruption.
- Easy product and service acquisition: Huawei global sales and service network provides customers with round-the-clock responsive support service.
- Enhanced data protection: Rich value-added features such as HostAgent, HyperImage, HyperCopy, and HyperMirror provide real-time data protection.
- Enhanced disk protection: Disk snapshot combined with backup software delivers instant data backup. Bad sector detection and repair provide automatic disk protection.
- Enhanced scalability: The S2600 supports background initialization of RAID and online expansion for up to 96 hard disks and 256 hosts to satisfy rapid capacity growth requirement.
- Enhanced carrier-class availability: The S2600 achieves a system availability of 99.999%.
- Energy-saving hard disks: The S2600 uses disk spin-down technology to reduce power consumption during data backup and archiving by more than 40%.
- Energy-saving components: The S2600 components employ power-saving technologies and are RoHS-compliant.
- Energy-saving power supplies: The S2600 reduces energy cost with the option to use AC or DC power supply mode for various application scenarios.
- Multiple host ports: Up to eight host ports are provided to reduce investment in switches.
- SAS and SATA disk intermixing: The S2600 can be flexibly configured with SAS and SATA disks for maximum operational efficiency.
- High-density enclosure: The 12-disk enclosure is specially designed with a height of less than 2U for easy installation in cabinets.