Huawei S5000T series are new generation of storage systems. Based on powerful hardware specifications, S5000T consolidates multiple technologies including TurboModule that provides the ability of high density and hot swap I/O modules, and TurboBoost that provides triple performance boost, and energy saving technologies that provides three kinds of power saving technologies. The T series products can meet the requirements of large scale database including OLTP/OLAP, HPC, digital media, internet service providers, backup, disaster recovery, data migration and other scenarios.
Huawei S5000T series are new generation of middle-range storage systems. Based on powerful hardware specifications.
Performance and scalability
- High-speed components: Equipped with 64bit multi-core processors and high-capacity data caches, a maximum of 36Gbs internal bandwidth, supporting 6Gb SAS 2.0 back-end ports.
- Supporting multiple types of disks: FC/SAS/SATA/SSD.
- Maximum 12 I/O modules: Maximum 48 I/O ports (including both frontend and backend ports), supporting 4/ 8Gb FC, 1/10GbE and 6Gb SAS2.0 ports. Self-developed TurboModule technologies can significantly increase the density of I/O modules and ports in a single enclosure, and provide a flexible configuration of frontend and backend I/O modules.
- Triple performance boosting technology: High performance based on fixed hardware. Using TurboBoost to monitor hotspot data and migrate it to SSD, achieving several times of performance boosting. Using a full configuration of SSD to boost the performance to an ultra large scale. With this triple performance boost mechanism, users can upgrade the system performance on demand, lowering the TCO.
- High cache mirroring bandwidth: The two controllers use an 8Gbs channel for cache mirroring.
Reliability and availability
- Module hot swap: TurboModule technology provides the ability to swap I/O modules without powering off the controllers, totally transparent to hosts.
- Cache data protection: The internal battery modules ensure that data in the cache is written to the coffer in case of a power failure.
- Disk pre-copy technology: Faulty disks will be detected intelligently in advance and the data is migrated to hot spare disks to avoid data loss and save the time of the raid reconstruction.
- Bad sector repair: Bad sectors can be repaired with the best effort, reducing the disk failure rate.
- Rich data protection technologies: HyperImage provides snapshots, HyperCopy provides heterogeneous LUN copy, and HyperMirror provides synchronous and asynchronous remote replication.
Efficient, flexible, easy
- Unified IO module: All the products use the same series of IO modules, which reduces TCO.
- Enclosure with 24 disk slots: 2U/4U high-density disk enclosure（24 disks per enclosure, holding 12 2.5 inch disks in 1U on average, reducing the expansion cost by 60％ compared with low-density enclosures.
- Friendly management and maintenance: Supporting GUIs and CLIs, supporting alarm through sound, light, SMS or mail, supporting online upgrading firmware.