The Huawei RH5885 V3 is a standard 4U 4-socket rack server and supports Intel® Xeon® E7-4800 v2 processors. To meet the requirements of mission-critical applications such as databases, business intelligence (BI), and virtualization, the RH5885 V3 provides up to 60 cores and supports flexible configurations for processors, DIMMs, I/O, and hard disks, achieving optimal cost effectiveness.
Strong processing capabilities for optimal cost effectiveness
- The RH5885 V3 supports four Intel® Xeon® E7-4800 v2 processors. The maximum number of cores per processor is increased from 10 to 15, and the maximum cache capacity increased from 30 MB to 37.5 MB.
- To maximize the concurrent processing capability, up to 60 cores and 120 concurrent threads are supported.
- The overall performance is increased by 100% compared with the previous-generation Westmere-EX (E7-4800).
- Configured with Huawei ES series PCIe solid-state drives (SSDs), the RH5885 V3 provides excellent I/O performance, eliminating disk performance bottlenecks.
Flexible expansion to fit various application scenarios
- The RH5885 V3 supports eight or twenty-three 2.5" hard disks, which allows flexible configuration of the local storage capacity. This applies to distributed databases and big data analysis.
- The built-in USB port is provided for pre-installing OS or encryption certificate.
- A plug-in NIC is used to provide LAN on motherboard (LOM). GE or 10GE ports can be flexibly configured.
Fault-tolerant design to ensure stable system operation
- Chip-level fault-tolerant features, such as automatic recovery for processors and links, ensure stable system operation.
- Memory mirroring and memory sparing prevent system shutdown caused by memory hardware faults.
- Full redundancy and hot swap maintenance are supported for key components, such as PSUs, fan modules, and hard disks, without the need for opening the chassis cover. These features facilitate quick replacement for faulty components during normal system operation, ensuring high system reliability.
- The integrated intelligent management (iMana) software monitors system operation, triggers warnings, and rectifies faults.
- A diagnosis panel facilitates fault location, which reduces the time required to rectify faults.
Optimized energy efficiency to reduce OPEX
- Power capping is adopted to increase the server deployment density without the need for changing the equipment room design.
- The dynamic energy-saving technology adjusts the processor frequency and voltage according to the processor usage, reducing energy consumption.
- Platinum PSUs offer power efficiency of up to 94% at 50% loads.