Huawei OceanStor VIS6000 series virtual intelligent storage system is a virtual storage product. It has heterogeneous storage consolidation and hierarchical disaster recovery. As an open storage system with high reliability and performance, the VIS6000 provides unified management, data migration, and multi-level data protection for heterogeneous environments.
Huawei OceanStor VIS6000 series virtual intelligent storage system is a virtual storage product.
- Resource consolidation across heterogeneous disk arrays:With a virtualized architecture on the network layer, the VIS6000 integrates storage devices of different brands and models into one storage pool. So the customer uses the logical storage resources provided by the VIS6000 and does not need to care about details on the back-end storage devices.
- Seamless integration of FC and IP networks:The VIS6000 provides FC and iSCSI connectivity for both frontend hosts and backend disk arrays.
- High performance: The VIS6000 allows a maximum of eight nodes to work in active-active mode. One node has a maximum of 12 ports for connections. The performance increases linearly with the number of nodes.
- Resource allocation on demand:The VIS6000 allows applications to provide the user with a virtual capacity that is larger than the actual capacity allocated by the storage system. This optimizes the utilization of storage space and simplifies resource allocation, thus reducing the total cost of ownership.
- Mirroring:Supporting disaster recovery (DR) between heterogeneous disk arrays through mirroring, the VIS6000 guarantees business continuity and provides highly reliable DR solutions.
- Replication:Remote DR policies enable the user to implement unified deployment and management of multi-service DR applications at different levels. The I/O-specific data replication technology eliminates data loss.
- Excellent reliability: The advanced active-active cluster technology realizes multipath load balancing and failover and frees the system from interruptions.
- Device management: The network management system monitors the device running state in real time, and the full-dimensional fault diagnosis mechanism greatly simplifies the management.
- Resource management: Friendly graphical user interfaces simplify the planning and scheduling of heterogeneous storage resources, level up the management efficiency, and optimize resource utilization.
- DR management: The customizable DR solution provides multiple DR management services, such as DR tests, drilling, maintenance, and evaluation