The HUAWEI Tecal RH2288V2 (short for RH2288 V2) rack server is a new model of double slot rack server that is designed to provide performance and scalability. The RH2288 V2 can bear up to 16 computing cores, a memory capacity of 768 GB, and a storage capacity of 24 TB. The RH2288 V2 is an ideal product for critical services to the enterprises.
Tecal RH2288 V2 rack server is a new model of double slot rack server that is designed to provide the best performance and scalability.
High-performance that can easily meet the needs for applications and lateral expansion
- The RH2288 V2 uses the latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 series central processing units (CPUs). This CPU of new processor architecture has eight cores, 20 MB L3 caching, QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) in 8 GT per second, and power consumption adjustment to improve performance while reducing power consumption.
- The RH2288 V2 has 24 dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs) for memory expansion. The RH2288 V2 uses the 2H DDR3 memory technology that enables a maximum memory storage of 768 GB.
- The RH2288 V2 can use the Huawei ES series peripheral component interconnect express (PCIe) expansion card for solid state disks (SSDs) to provide the input/output (I/O) performance that can resolve the I/O bottlenecks of hard disks.
Power consumption control feature that improves the power efficiency
- The RH2288 V2 has excellent power efficiency that meets the 80 PLUS GOLD standard and the energy star standard. Like all the other Huawei servers, the RH2288 V2 obtains the China Energy Conservation and Environmentally-Friendly Certification.The RH2288 V2 uses the power schemes of 460 W and 800 W to improve power efficiency.
- In the critical internal positions, the RH2288 V2 has sensors that can monitor the temperature of the components and send the data to the basic input output system (BIOS) to dynamically adjust the fan speed to cool the server precisely. This ensures that the server runs reliably while consuming a minimum level of power.
- The dynamic configuration technology on maximum power can limit the power of the data center server within a preset range, without affecting the performance of the server.
Simple management and maintenance
- The RH2288 V2 uses the fault recording technology that is similar to the black boxes of airplanes to record a fault quickly when the system breaks down unexpectedly.
- The RH2288 V2 has an independent baseboard management controller (BMC) to provide the comprehensive and high-performance remote control.