The new IBM BladeCenter® HX5 enables unprecedented performance and utilization in a blade form factor for database and virtualization. With enhanced MAX5 scalability, the HX5 blade offers memory capacity of up to 640 GB - in a double-wide blade. The result is optimal server utilization with more virtual machines per system and larger and faster databases.
- Built on the latest IBM® X-Architecture® technology with fifth-generation eX5 innovation.
- Modular design, enabling standardisation on same platform for 2- and 4-socket server needs to deliver faster time to value.
- Greater memory capacity, enabling more or larger VMs per server.
- Enhanced computing capacity facilitates more transactions per minute in a blade.
- Optional memory expansion separates memory capacity from processors, enabling full utilisation of license-constrained, memory-rich applications.
- High-density, high-utilisation computing allows superior price performance as well as performance per watt.
- Flexible node partitioning and pay-as-you-grow expansion offer great investment protection.
- Mainframe-inspired reliability and automatic node failover for optimal system uptime.
- Remote management from a single graphical console with IBM Systems Director.