The IBM® Flex System™ FC5052 2-port adapter enables a high FC speed access for Flex System compute nodes to an external storage area network (SAN). The adapter is based on the Emulex Fibre Channel stack, and work with 16 Gb Flex System Fibre Channel switch modules.
The 2-port HBA for IBM Flex System, the FC5052 provides better scalability and redundancy. In addition, the FC5052 has two separate ASICs with no bridge chip, so data flows directly to an independent PCIe bus for high availability without a single point of failure. It also allows for logical partitioning on IBM Power Systems™ compute nodes.
- 2-port 16 Gb Fibre Channel adapter
- Single-ASIC controller using the Emulex XE201 design
- Auto-Negotiate to 16Gb, 8Gb, or 4Gb
- Up to 1.2 million IOPS on a single port (six times more IOPS than previous generation 8Gb FC HBAs)
- Cuts response times by up to 75% and doubles the throughput compared to the previous generation 8Gb FC HBAs
- Exceeds 10 million hours mean time between failure (MTBF) with the most advanced data integrity protection (T10 PI) offload to protect against silent data corruption
- PCIe Express 3.0 x8 host interface (5 GTps)
- MSI-X support
- x86 Fibre Channel common driver model with the FC3052 8Gb Fibre Channel adapter, and FCoE on the CN4054 10 Gb Ethernet and IBM Flex System x222, x240, and x440 LOMs
- Arbitrated loop (supported on 4Gb and 8Gb speeds only)
- IBM Fabric Manager support