IBM® Storwize® V3700 is an entry level disk storage system designed with sophisticated capabilities unusual for a system of its class. It offers efficiency and flexibility through built-in thin provisioning and non-disruptive migration of data from existing storage. Built upon the innovative technology in the Storwize family, Storwize V3700 addresses block storage requirements of small and midsize organizations at an affordable price.
- Ease of use: The new generation GUI and point-and-click system management capabilities offer easy-to-use data management.
- FlashCopy®: Creates instant copies of data for back up or application testing.
- Thin provisioning: Support business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used.
- IBM Easy Tier®: Delivers better performance while controlling costs.
- Internal virtualization: Helps in quick response to changing requirements.
- Non disruptive migration: Speeds implementation and minimizes disruption.
- Remote Mirror: Helps create copies of data at remote locations for disaster recovery.
- Turbo performance: Increases system maximum IOPS and maximum throughput.
- Web-based GUI provides point-and-click management capabilities.
- Internal disk storage virtualization enables rapid, flexible provisioning and simple configuration changes.
- Thin provisioning enables applications to grow dynamically but only consume space they are actually using.
- Enables simple data migration from external storage to Storwize V3700 storage (one-way from another storage device).
- IBM® FlashCopy® creates instant application copies for backup or application testing.
Tested for iSCSI for v7.2 and FC for v7.2 and v7.6