The ESDS S16F-G2842-6 features both Fibre Channel (FC) ports and iSCSI ports. The single-controller ESDS S16F-G2842-6 enables SMBs to deploy FC SANs which delivers price-performance and achieve cost-effective remote replication with the iSCSI ports. The data protection and exceptional performance of the ESDS S16F-G2842-6 are ideal for mission-critical environments.
The ESDS S16F-G2842-6 is a model features both Fibre Channel (FC) ports and iSCSI ports.
- Ensure the most efficient allocation of pooled capacity
Four 8Gb/s Fibre Channel host ports
- Throughput and IOPS, ideal fit for IO-intensive and applications
- Backward compatible with 4Gb/s or 2Gb/s speeds, protecting current infrastructure investment
Two 1GbE iSCSI ports
- Achieve highly cost-effective remote replication
- Achieve consolidated SAN tiering to meet service level requirements of tier 1 applications on FC SAN and tier 2 applications on IP SAN
- Backup battery automatically supplies power to write cached data into flash module for permanent protection during power outage
Powerful management suite (SANWatch) support, including multi-pathing functions
- Easy management and monitoring of your subsystems anywhere, locally or remotely
- Recognize and manage redundant paths; support path failover and load-balancing
Multiple monitoring methods
- Real-time problem detection and notification to achieve continuous operation