The ESDS S16F-R2842-6 is a hybrid model featuring both Fibre Channel (FC) ports and iSCSI ports. The dual-controller ESDS S16F-R2842-6 enables SMBs to deploy high-availability FC SANs delivering price-performance and achieve cost-effective remote replication with the iSCSI ports.
The ESDS S16F-R2842-6 is a hybrid model featuring both Fibre Channel (FC) ports and iSCSI ports.
- Thin provisioning
- Ensure the most efficient allocation of pooled capacity
- Eight 8Gb/s Fibre Channel host ports
- Throughput and IOPS, ideal fit for IO-intensive and bandwidth-demanding applications
- Backward compatible with 4Gb/s or 2Gb/s speeds, protecting current infrastructure investment
- CacheSafe technology
- Backup battery automatically supplies power to write cached data into flash module for permanent protection during power outage
- Powerful management suite (SANWatch) support, including multi-pathing functions
- Easy management and monitoring of your subsystems anywhere, locally or remotely
- Recognize and manage redundant paths; support path failover and load-balancing
- Multiple monitoring methods
- Real-time problem detection and notification to achieve continuous operation